This calculator determines the volume and alarm levels for a cylindrical storage tank.
The calculator determines the volume and liquid levels for a vertical cylindrical storage tank.
The calculation is based on the principles described in HSE Guidance Note 176 - The Storage of Flammable Liquids in Tanks and recommendations made in the Buncefield Investigation Reports.
- Enter the required tank diameter
- Enter the required tank shell side vertical height
- Enter the maximum tank filling flow rate
- Enter the low liquid level
- Enter the high level response time
- Enter the high high level response time
- Enter the overflow level response time
- Click the "Calculate" button
- The calculator will determine:
- Liquid surface area
- Maximum rate of level rise
- Normal liquid fill level and volume
- High liquid level and volume
- High high liquid leveland volume
- Total tank volume (based on cylindrical volume)
- Tank working volume between the low and normal liquid fill levels