This calculator determines the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) category of piping, steam generators and vessels.
You need to specify the maximum allowable pressure and either the vessel volume or pipe diameter depending on the type of equipment you are classifying. You also need to specify the fluid state and the fluid group. The fluid state can be liquid or gas. Basically if the fluid is hazardous it is a Group 1 fluid, otherwise it is a Group 2 fluid.
- Choose the equipment type from:
- Steam Generator
- Choose the fluid group from:
- 1 for hazardous fluids
- 2 for non-hazardous fluids
- Choose the fluid state from:
- Enter the defining dimension for the equipment type:
- Volume in litres for a vessel
- Nominal pipe diameter in mm for piping
- Enter the maximum allowable pressure in bar gauge
- Click the "Calculate" button
- Note that fluid group and fluid state do not apply to Steam Generators